A yummy Florida treat!
- 1-pound large Florida pink shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail on
- 2 Florida pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented, seeds removed
- 3 Florida tangelos, peeled and segmented, seeds removed
- 3 Florida tangerines, peeled and segmented, seeds removed
- 1 Florida sweet pepper, diced
- 1 large Florida avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons seafood boil seasoning
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bag plantain chips or tortilla chips
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Fill a medium-sized sauce pot ¾ the way with water, and heat over medium-high.
- Add the seafood seasoning to the boiling pot of water.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until completely done.
- As soon as the shrimp are done, plunge them into an ice water bath to stop the cooking and cool them off.
- When the shrimp are completely cool, strain them and put them into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the citrus, sweet pepper, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and avocado.
- Season the ingredients to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Serve ceviche with chips.
Recipe and image courtesy of https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/